Diversity Challenges is :
- A company limited by guarantee (NI50064)
- Registered with The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101081
- Is recognised by the Inland Revenue as a charity for tax purposes Ref NoXR74395.
It was founded in 2001 to facilitate change in a number of Cultural groups in Ireland
Diversity Challenges is a member of the International Coalition of the Sites of Conscience
It has received funding from a number of bodies, trusts and agencies.
Diversity Challenges is currently supported from
- Department of Foreign Affairs Reconciliation Fund
- Peace IV Louth County Council
It is working on the Following projects
Reflections funded by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Reconciliation Fund
AFTERMATH AFTERMATH Funded by Peace IV Louth County Council
Further information can be obtained from the links to their web pages
More information on these projects can be found in the projects section.
Diversity Challenges has the following:
A society in which people understand, and take responsibility for, the shared and distinctive traditions of all communities.
To assist culturally specific groups in integrating community relations principles and considerations within all aspects of their work.
Description of work
- Target key culturally specific groups within Ireland, with greatest impact on community life.
- Identify influential individuals within each organisation who are driving change (or wish to drive change) towards a fuller and more constructive role in a diverse society.
- Support the individuals through consultancy, coaching, training, networking and practical assistance to develop and implement change strategies within their organisations.
- Provide training, e.g. community development, good relations, essential skills, drama, storytelling, musical skills
- Undertake community audits and local research projects for the benefit of local groups
- Facilitate the development of family friendly events at parades and demonstrations leading to change in the nature of parading and reducing tension.
- Help society to deal with the past conflict to remember and change to a more peaceful time when we are at peace with ourselves.
- Use the experience gained in the project to develop and publish good practice models for international circulation Provide consultancy and training support on the use of the best practice models to agencies in other countries facing similar challenges
E mail email@example.com
0044 (0)2837507219 Mobile 0044 (0)7710174754
31 Bessbrook Road Markethill Armagh BT60 1RJ